Pages

Sunday, 27 January 2013

A Little Bit About Me

The basics: 34 years old, IT project manager by day, crafter and scrapbooker by night. I became engaged to my wonderful fiancé (hitherto known as The Boy) during a Christmas holiday to Salzburg. In addition to planning our April 2014 wedding, we are also looking to buy a new car and our first house together.



I currently live in a little two bedroom house with The Boy, an eccentric Spoodle named Molly, a much-adored Ragdoll puss named Abbie, two goldfish and more crafting bits and pieces than can easily fit in the allotted space.

When I'm not floating around the country for work, I try my hand at card-making, quilting, embroidery and scrapbooking. I also enjoy watching a good game of rugby and curling up on the couch with a book. When I'm so inspired, I dabble in poetry.

I tried the traditional scrapbooking route and while I loved the end result, I found that I was taking many hours to complete a single layout. As a writer, the journalling aspect is very important to me but I could never figure out how to work it in to a 'traditional' page.  Consequently I felt as though many of the stories I wanted to tell were remaining untold.

So, I bit the bullet and invested in Project Life. It was a relatively expensive outlay; I live in Australia and have to order through a New Zealand store to receive the products (and I must say that they are very good: quick and faultless with their service). I plan to take a different approach in 2013 than I did in 2012; I intend to document that approach later this week.

This blog is primarily intended to be an outlet for the crafty side of my life but I've no doubt that the other parts will trickle in...particularly the wedding, which I'm dubbing my Major Project Management Focus of the next fourteen months or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment