Pages

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Oops

So, the holiday album didn't go quite according to plan. It was my own fault; I didn't pay enough attention when planning which photos to print and I ended up missing an entire segment of our holidays. No matter, it can be remedied easily enough, but I lost a bit of steam when I got half way through and realised my error. I plan to get back to it tomorrow afternoon.


In the meantime, I ducked into Bunnings the other day to pick up some cleaning supplies and found myself wandering around the paint aisle, thinking "Hmmm, this would be a good place to check out colours for the wedding." The idea wasn't mine, my best friend and bridesmaid suggested it - and she's right, it was the perfect way to collect colour palettes and ideas. I picked up several dozen colour cards in a variety of shades and hues, as well as a couple of large brochures with the in-season colour charts. I'll sit down with Mum and S sometime in the next week or so to work out what combinations work best. I'm keen to finalise colours partly so that the girls have an idea what range they have for their dresses and - more importantly - I can finalise the Save the Date cards for The Boy's relatives overseas.

It's been a busy day today...we went to an open house and looked at a few more houses in the area in anticipation of their open houses. I drove The Boy out to play golf with a mate, then came home and cleaned the house and did several loads of washing. I'm not sure why I spent a free Saturday afternoon cleaning and not scrapping or sewing or even working on the wedding, but I had the itch to clean and clean I did.

To really make my day, the Brumbies won their first trial of the season....not convincingly, but a win's a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment